Ten Sports to share cricket telecast with DoordarshanAugust 26th, 2008 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 26 (IANS) Broadcaster Ten Sports Tuesday informed the Delhi High Court that it will share the feed of the India-Sri Lanka One-Day International (ODI) matches with public broadcaster Doordarshan.A division bench of Justices Manmohan Sarin and Veena Birbal disposed of the petition filed by Ravi Dev Gupta, a cricket lover, who sought directions to the state-run Prasar Bharati to telecast the remaining two matches of the India-Sri Lanka ODI series.
“We are happy to know that Ten Sports would share the signal to enable the live telecast of the India-Sri Lanka ODI matches which are to be played today and on Aug 29,” the bench said after recording the undertaking given by the private broadcaster.
The petitioner contended that the government had issued a notification Oct 3, 2007 under Sports Broadcasting Signals (Mandatory Sharing of Feed with Prasar Bharati) Act, according to which ODIs and Twenty20 matches involving India were declared as matches of national importance.
The feed of these matches, according to the notification, should be shared with Prasar Bharati by the respective telecast rights owner.
- Ten Sports questioned for not sharing ODI telecast with DD - Aug 25, 2008
- Prasar Bharati approves expansion of DD's DTH platform - Sep 06, 2011
- Post-Lalli suspension, Prasar Bharati looks to interim set-up - Dec 22, 2010
- Amendments to Prasar Bharati Act, interim set-up likely (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Strike cripples AIR, Doordarshan operations in Kerala - Nov 23, 2010
- Rajya Sabha debates Prasar Bharati bill - Dec 08, 2011
- 60 percent TV homes to watch Games ceremony: Doordarshan official - Oct 03, 2010
- Asiad coloured Indian TV, now CWG to spur HDTV - Sep 27, 2010
- Strike hits AIR, Doordarshan operations in Orissa - Nov 23, 2010
- High definition coverage for Commonwealth Games - Aug 25, 2010
- Cash-strapped Prasar Bharati asked to raise revenue - Mar 27, 2012
- AIR, DD operations hit as employees strike work (Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- AR Rahman to host music show to mark DD's 50 years - Aug 12, 2009
- Prasar Bharati CEO Lalli suspended - Dec 22, 2010
- AIR, Doordarshan operations hit as employees strike - Nov 23, 2010