Ten prisoners escape as Maoists attack Bihar courtJanuary 16th, 2009 - 9:38 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Jan 15 (IANS) Suspected Maoists Friday attacked a court in Bihar’s Jamui district, leading to the escape of 10 under-trials including two Maoist activists, the police said.A group of armed Maoists attacked a police escort Friday evening in the Jamui court premises when over three dozen under-trial prisoners were being taken back to jail after hearing in the court, the police said.
Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Neelmani said that at least 10 prisoners including two Maoists escaped in the attack.
“We have directed the district administration to inquire into the incident and alert the police to arrest all the escaped prisoners,” he said.
Jamui district has been repeatedly targeted by Maoists in the last few years.
- Maoists abduct official, three workers - Apr 06, 2012
- Maoists kill four abducted villagers in Bihar - Dec 31, 2011
- Maoists blast bridge, torch trucks in Bihar - Mar 23, 2012
- Maoist fear: Bihar panchayat polls postponed in five districts - May 17, 2011
- Maoists abduct seven labourers in Bihar - Dec 09, 2011
- Bihar conducts fifth phase of panchayat polls - May 03, 2011
- US researcher says she is fine, police deny abduction (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- 13 prisoners escape from prison van in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 09, 2012
- Tenth round of Bihar panchayat polls under way - May 18, 2011
- Seventh round of Bihar panchayat polls continues peacefully (Lead) - May 09, 2011
- No trace of missing Bihar poll officials - May 16, 2011
- Body in police uniform found near Bihar forest (Second Lead) - Sep 03, 2010
- Third phase of Bihar panchayat polls proceeds peacefully - Apr 27, 2011
- Maoists release 15 abducted in Bihar - Nov 05, 2011
- Kidnapped cop Tete's body found in Bihar forest (Third Lead) - Sep 03, 2010