Ten of a family killed in Uttar Pradesh road accidentOctober 10th, 2008 - 3:05 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 10 (IANS) Ten members of a family died when the Scorpio they were travelling in turned turtle after being hit by a bus in Kanshiramnagar district of Uttar Pradesh early Friday, police said.The accident took place in the Soro locality on the outskirts of the district when the Scorpio was hit from behind by a state roadways bus.
“The occupants were coming from the Bareilly side when the bus hit the jeep,” Kanshiramnagar Superintendent of Police Luv Kumar told IANS on phone.
“The driver of the jeep lost control over the vehicle and it turned turtle in a field about 10 feet below the road. All the occupants died on the spot. We have arrested the driver of the bus,” he said.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that all the deceased belong to the same family and were returning from a marriage function when the incident took place.
“However, we are yet to ascertain their identities,” said Kumar.
- 4 killed, 10 injured in Bikaner road accident - Apr 26, 2012
- Eight dead as vehicle slams into bus in UP - Apr 21, 2012
- 38 dead as train rams into bus in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 07, 2011
- Nine of family, driver die in Maharashtra accident - Dec 12, 2010
- Six killed as bus collides with truck - Jan 19, 2012
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 14, 2011
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- 19 killed in Iran traffic accident - Sep 02, 2012
- 34 killed in Himachal bus accident (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- DTC bus crushes soldier in Delhi - May 07, 2012
- 34 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident (Lead) - Dec 26, 2010
- Three including ex-minister's son die in accident - Dec 20, 2011
- One killed, 12 students injured in UP road mishaps - May 03, 2012
- Brisk ballotting in UP polls (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012