Ten killed in Himachal accidentApril 4th, 2011 - 1:22 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 4 (IANS) Ten people were killed and 25 injured when a private bus skidded off the road and fell into a gorge in Himachal Pradesh’s Chamba district Monday morning, police said.
This is the third major road accident in Chamba district in less than a month.
The accident took place in Koti village, about 22 km from Chamba town where it was headed to, Superintendent of Police Madhu Sudhan told IANS over phone from the spot.
He said the injured were admitted to the zonal hospital in Chamba, some 450 km from state capital Shimla.
The dead were mainly men and belonged to nearby villages.
Last month, 32 members of a marriage party were killed when their mini truck rolled into a 500-metre-deep gorge near Sherpur village, some 50 km from Chamba.
On the same day in the other accident, a pick-up van carrying employees of a private company executing a hydropower project fell into a gorge near Bharmour, 65 km from Chamba, killing nine people on the spot.
- 43 killed in Himachal accidents - Mar 03, 2011
- 11 Delhi residents killed in Himachal accident - May 16, 2011
- 20 die as bus fall into Himachal gorge (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 10 Delhi residents killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- 40 die as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Bus with over 30 people falls into Himachal gorge (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Fourth Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Third Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Seven killed in Himachal accident - Jun 09, 2010
- Six die in Himachal accident - Mar 09, 2011
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012
- 34 killed in Himachal bus accident (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Seven killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- 18 killed in Mizoram bus accident - Jul 21, 2012
- Seven people killed in Himachal accidents - May 09, 2012
Tags: april 4, chamba district, deep gorge, himachal pradesh, hydropower project, madhu, marriage, marriage party, mini truck, monday morning, morning police, nearby villages, private bus, private company, road accident, superintendent