Ten injured in Andhra agrochemical plant fireJune 30th, 2012 - 1:18 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 30 (IANS) Ten workers of an agrochemical company were injured in a fire following an explosion at the plant in Andhra Pradesh’s Srikakulam district Saturday morning, police said. Some workers are feared trapped in the plant.
Fire broke out at Nagarjuna Agrichem Limited following an explosion in the fifth block of the plant, which produces agrochemicals. The plant is located Chilkapalem in Srikakulam district of north coastal Andhra, about 700 km from here.
The injured were shifted to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) at Srikakulam.
About 200 employees were reportedly working at the plant at the time of the incident. The workers ran in panic after the chemical reactor exploded.
Dense black smoke engulfed the entire area including nearby villages and the national highway. Fire tenders rushed to the scene.
The district administration has launched rescue and relief operations.
- 18 injured in Andhra agrochemical plant fire (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Three pharma plant workers injured - Nov 28, 2011
- Two killed in factory fire in Andhra Pradesh - Aug 15, 2012
- Shutdown in Andhra town against power plant - May 30, 2011
- Two killed in protests against power plant in Andhra - Feb 28, 2011
- Two killed in fire at Andhra pharma factory - Dec 19, 2011
- 23 suffer burns in China plant blast - Dec 18, 2011
- One killed in Andhra police firing - Jul 14, 2010
- Court sets aside land allotment for Andhra power project - Jun 23, 2011
- Three killed in protests against power plant in Andhra (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Four killed in Andhra group clash in land dispute - Jun 12, 2012
- Blast at Andhra hospital, none hurt - Sep 22, 2010
- Opposition demands probe into firing on Srikakulam Thermal Power Project protestors - Jul 15, 2010
- Six killed in Pakistan fireworks blast (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Court stays land allotment for Andhra power project (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jun 23, 2011
Tags: agrochemical company, andhra pradesh, chemical reactor, district administration, explosion, fire tenders, gandhi institute, medical sciences, morning police, nearby villages, rajiv gandhi, relief operations, rims, saturday morning, srikakulam district