Ten children die of measles in BiharMarch 24th, 2012 - 12:40 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 24 (IANS) At least 10 children died in a village in Bihar’s Madhubani district due to a disease commonly referred as ‘khasra’ or measles, an official said Saturday.
“Eight children have died over the past few days. In the last 24 hours, two children have died of the khasra. Dozens of children have been suffering from the disease in Bisi-Patti village in Madhubani,” a district health official said.
The district administration has assured villagers to rush a team of doctor to inquire cause of the disease and provide treatment, an official said.
“The authorities have sounded a high alert to check the spread of the disease,” the official added.
The children reported high fever followed by bouts of unconsciousness and convulsion.
- Mysterious disease kills 13 children in Bihar - Jun 18, 2011
- WHO experts investigate Bihar's mystery disease - Jun 24, 2011
- Suspected brain disease kills five in Bihar - Sep 10, 2011
- Suspected brain disease kills 51 kids in Bihar - Oct 01, 2011
- 12 children die of mysterious disease in Bihar - Jun 09, 2010
- Seven more children die of mysterious illness in Bihar - Jun 19, 2011
- Mystery disease kills four more in Bihar - Jun 21, 2011
- Mystery disease kills three more in Bihar (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Twenty children die of mysterious illness in Bihar - Jun 11, 2010
- Two more kids die of encephalitis in Bihar, toll 85 - Nov 17, 2011
- Suspected brain disease kills five children - Sep 20, 2011
- Encephalitis kills 3 kids in Bihar, toll at 92 - Dec 08, 2011
- Suspected brain disease kills nine kids in Bihar - Sep 06, 2011
- Five more children die of mystery disease in Bihar - Jun 20, 2011
- Encephalitis kills 8 more kids in Bihar - Oct 13, 2011