Ten burnt to death in bus-lorry collision in Tamil NaduSeptember 8th, 2010 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 8 (IANS) Ten people were killed and 29 injured when a passenger bus collided head-on with a lorry near Tiruvanamalai Wednesday.
The accident took place when the Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation bus travelling from Vellore to Cuddalore dashed against the rice-laden lorry near Tiruvanamalai, around 190 km from Chennai.
The diesel tank of the bus burst into flames in which nine people were charred to death and one succumbed to his injuries on way to hospital.
The dead include both drivers, the two bus conductors and six passengers.
Three injured people were admitted to the C.M.C. Vellore Hospital, two in Jipmer Hospital in Puducherry and 24 in government hospital in Tiruvanamalai.
- 14 killed in Tamil Nadu bus accident - Sep 05, 2011
- 22 killed in bus accident in Tamil Nadu - Jun 08, 2011
- 22 charred to death in Tamil Nadu bus accident (Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Cyclone Thane toll now 46, life limps back to normalcy (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- 7 killed, 20 injured in Assam road mishaps - Apr 16, 2012
- Afghanistan: At least 53 killed after bus crashes head-on with tanker in Ghazni - Sep 17, 2012
- 15 killed as tempo collides with bus in Karnataka - Jun 27, 2011
- 15 killed as tempo-bus collide in Karnataka (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- Five killed in Nepal road accident - Apr 07, 2012
- Eight dead in Tamil Nadu accident - Nov 06, 2011
- Four killed, 25 injured in Bengal road accident - Aug 26, 2011
- 11 killed in road accident in Bengal - Mar 17, 2012
- 28 killed in Cameroon road accident - Aug 30, 2011
- 30 dead in Karnataka bus mishap - May 30, 2010