Temple elephant killed by lightning in KeralaMay 29th, 2008 - 10:16 pm ICT by admin
Thrissur (Kerala), May 29 (IANS) An elephant belonging to the Guruvayur Sree Krishna Temple in Kerala was killed in a lightning strike Thursday evening. The sixteen-year-old tusker Unnikrishnan was at the elephant home run by the temple when the incident happened. The temple has 65 elephants.
“It was drizzling when lightning struck,” a temple official said.
The famed temple is around 100 km from Kochi, the commercial hub of Kerala.
- Elephant processions, percussion orchestras mark Kerala festivals (Letter from Kerala) - May 12, 2012
- Guruvayur temple saw 198 weddings in a single day (Feature With Image) - Sep 21, 2010
- Kerala temple's elephants enjoy a break - Jul 02, 2011
- Tusker tales: What ails captive elephants in Kerala - Dec 29, 2011
- Kerala readies for Thrissur Pooram festival - Apr 29, 2012
- Two dozen injured as elephant runs amok - May 02, 2012
- Thrissur Pooram festivities begin - May 01, 2012
- Majestic Hindu temple planned in Canada - Jan 07, 2011
- Al Qaeda threat to Kerala shrines, Jayalalithaa? - Jul 27, 2011
- Two killed, 11 injured in lightning strike in Chhattisgarh - Sep 21, 2012
- Kerala to webcast temple festival - Mar 16, 2011
- Annual tuskers'' race draws huge crowds - Mar 09, 2009
- All set for Kerala's iconic Thrissur Pooram - May 10, 2011
- Woman killed as lightning strikes UP village - Aug 31, 2012
- Sharma's fiery spell gives Deccan Chargers 55-run win (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011