Temperature dips with fresh snowfall in HimachalDecember 8th, 2008 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Dec 8 (IANS) Cold wave tightened its grip in Himachal Pradesh as mild snowfall was witnessed during the past 24 hours, the meteorological office said here Monday.Keylong in Lahaul and Spiti district Sunday night received 3 cm snowfall and the minimum temperature was low at minus 0.7 degree celsius. Also, tribal areas of Pangi and Bharmour in Chamba district received mild snowfall.
The meteorological office recorded 12.8 mm rainfall in Kalpa of Kinnaur district with a night temperature of 0.4 degree celsius.
Popular tourist resort Manali received rainfall and was cold at 2.5 degree celsius.
The night temperature of Bhuntar was low at three degree celsius while Dharamsala recorded 9.5 degrees.
There was cloudy weather throughout the day in Shimla.
- Himachal's Keylong sees season's heaviest snow - Mar 05, 2012
- Himachal sees fresh snowfall, gets colder - Jan 30, 2011
- Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali - Mar 08, 2012
- Snowfall in Himachal - Nov 18, 2010
- Himachal hills freeze after snowfall - Nov 20, 2010
- Himachal may experience heavy snow, rain - Mar 01, 2011
- Himachal hill towns get set for more snow (Lead) - Jan 09, 2011
- Shimla, Manali get snowfall, mercury dips (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- Himachal braces for rain, snow - Jan 02, 2012
- Snowfall likely in Himachal on New Year's Day - Dec 30, 2011
- Snow, rain continue in Himachal - Feb 14, 2012
- Hills overlooking Manali get first snowfall - Sep 14, 2010
- Snowfall continues in Himachal hills - Jun 02, 2011
- Manali wrapped up in white blanket - Dec 10, 2011
- Fresh snow in Himachal - Apr 11, 2012