Telugu star couple attempts to board flight with revolerAugust 30th, 2008 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Aug 30 (IANS) Telugu filmstar couple Rajasekhar and Jeevita Saturday created a sensation at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at Shamshabad by trying to board an aircraft with a revolver.They were stopped by security personnel when they noticed a revolver in Jeevita’s handbag. When questioned, they said it was their licensed revolver and that their servant, by mistake, kept it in the bag.
The actor was trying to board the Chennai-bound flight when they were stopped by airport security personnel. The revolver was later handed over to the Shamshabad police.
The couple had to cancel their visit and they got their revolver back only after producing a copy of their licence.
The couple recently joined Andhra Pradesh’s ruling Congress party. They had also sought police protection on the ground that they faced a threat to life.
Three months ago, they were attacked by Telugu actor Chiranjeevi’s fans who were protesting Rajasekhar’s comments about the superstar’s plunge into politics.
In another incident near the airport, three personnel of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), which is responsible for airport security, were arrested by police for attacking the owner of a fast food centre. Police said the security personnel refused to pay after eating and beat up the owner when he wanted the money.
The police swung into action on a complaint by the fast food centre owner and arrested the CISF personnel, who were deployed at the airport.
- Two held with revolvers at Delhi airport - Apr 04, 2011
- Jagan's fast attracts thousands, including Congress members (Second Lead) - Dec 21, 2010
- Preity Zinta argues with airport official - Apr 15, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi's aide held at airport for carrying bullet - Nov 10, 2011
- Man held for Rs.35,000 theft at Delhi airport - Jun 17, 2012
- BSF man held at airport with bullets - Feb 04, 2012
- 4 CISF men suspended for security breach in airport - Oct 07, 2010
- Army officer with AK-47 bullets arrested at airport - Aug 01, 2010
- Two held for Delhi Metro brawl - Feb 01, 2012
- Woman carrying pistol held at Metro station - Jul 30, 2011
- Delhi blast probe: missing car may hold clue - Sep 08, 2011
- Lost bag at airport? Log on (Lead) - Oct 05, 2009
- IPS Rajiv is new CISF chief (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Rajiv appointed new CISF chief - Jan 18, 2012
- Maruti may opt for CISF cover for Manesar plant - Jul 23, 2012