Telugu film industry extends support to HazareAugust 19th, 2011 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Aug 19 (IANS) The Telugu film industry members Friday took out a rally and observed a day-long fast demanding that the Jan Lokpal bill of activist Anna Hazare’s team be tabled in parliament.
Actors, producers, directors, writers, artists and workers from various units of the industry joined hands to express their solidarity with Hazare leading the fight against corruption.
The film personalities took out a peace rally from the office of the Andhra Pradesh Film Chamber of Commerce in Film Nagar to condemn the arrest of Hazare and his supporters.
They later began their fast to express solidarity with the activist who launched his fast in New Delhi Tuesday and was sent to the Tihar Jail.
Eminent filmmaker and former union minister Dasari Narayana Rao, actor couple Jeevitha and Rajasekhar, actor Babu Mohan and others were participating.
Some participants had black ribbons tied across their mouths while others were carrying placards.
“We fully support Anna Hazare and his aides fighting against corruption. There is no alternative to a comprehensive Jan Lokpal bill,” said actress Jeevitha.
She demanded every politician, including the prime minister, must be brought under the purview of the Lokpal.
“We are in a situation where nobody is above board. The public perception is that 80 to 90 percent politicians are corrupt and hence there is every need to make all politicians accountable,” she said.
Hazare, who has been fasting for a stronger anti-corruption law since three days from inside the jail, Friday left for the Ramlila ground of Delhi to continue his crusade.
- Film fraternity came out in full strength to support Anna's movement - Aug 28, 2011
- Visually challenged, traders rally in support of Hazare - Aug 20, 2011
- Candlelight marches in Hyderabad to support Hazare - Apr 08, 2011
- Fight corruption in real life too: Anupam Kher - Apr 08, 2011
- Kannada celebs support Anna, join rally at Freedom Park - Aug 23, 2011
- Yeddyurappa supports Hazare - Apr 08, 2011
- Thousands join anti-graft crusade as Hazare begins fast (Roundup) - Apr 05, 2011
- Groundswell of support for Anna Hazare - Apr 08, 2011
- Noida farmers march to support Anna - Aug 19, 2011
- Government blinks, Anna on fast track (Intro Roundup) - Aug 18, 2011
- Lucknow teachers on mass leave to support Hazare - Aug 18, 2011
- Anna Hazare's anti-corruption movement: Time-line - Apr 09, 2011
- Chronology of an epochal fast - Aug 28, 2011
- Bihar fasts to support Anna - Aug 18, 2011
- Chennai continues to rally in support of Anna (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
Tags: aides, andhra pradesh, anna hazare, black ribbons, crusade, fight against corruption, film chamber, film industry, film personalities, filmmaker, industry members, mohan, mouths, peace rally, politician, public perception, purview, solidarity, tihar jail, union minister