Telugu Desam, Left MPs walk out of house over SatyamFebruary 13th, 2009 - 6:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 13 (IANS) Parliamentarians belonging to Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and the Left Front Friday staged a walkout in the Lok Sabha in protest against the speaker’s decision not to allow a discussion on the Satyam Computer Services scandal.
Demanding a discussion under rule 193, Communist Party of India (Marxist) leaders Basudeb Acharya and P. Karunakaran said the item was listed on the day’s business.
Deputy speaker Charanjit Singh Atwal, who was chairing the session, said the speaker would decide when the matter would be taken up.
Protesting against the chair’s decision, the Left and TDP MPs, who were led by K. Yerran Naidu, walked out in protest.
- TDP evicted, DMK gets Room No.5 in Parliament House - Nov 23, 2011
- Naidu continues fast despite doctors' warning (Second Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- Speaker accepts Left-backed adjournment motion - Nov 24, 2011
- TRS legislators suspended from Andhra assembly - Dec 14, 2010
- Discussion on Satyam issue postponed - Feb 13, 2009
- Three held for desecration of Ambedkar statues in Andhra (Lead, With corrections in paras 10, 11) - Jan 28, 2012
- TDP MLA resigns, joins TRS - Sep 29, 2011
- TDP leaders held during protest march in Hyderabad - Jan 10, 2012
- Andhra assembly session kicks off on stormy note - Dec 01, 2011
- TDP to move no-trust motion against Andhra government - Jun 02, 2011
- TDP leaders held during march as Naidu continues fast (Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- Telangana issue rocks Lok Sabha, BJP blames Congress (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Congress, TDP say Jagan trying to buy MLAs - Jun 01, 2012
- Four Telangana legislators quit TDP - Sep 07, 2011
- You don't deserve a single paisa, Chatterjee tells MPs (Lead) - Feb 19, 2009