Telugu actor Pavan Kalyan marries live-in partnerJanuary 28th, 2009 - 3:52 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 28 (IANS) Popular Telugu hero and Praja Rajyam party leader Pavan Kalyan Wednesday finally tied the knot with his long-time live-in partner and former actress Renu Desai.The marriage, Pavan’s second, took place at the actor’s house in the upmarket Jubilee Hills neighbourhood here in the presence of a few family members and film personalities.
Pavan Kalyan is the youngest brother of actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi and president of Praja Rajyam’s youth wing.
Chiranjeevi, who floated Praja Rajyam last year, his brother Nagababu, and other family members attended the marriage performed as per Hindu customs.
With elections fast approaching, Pavan Kalyan’s marriage to Renu seems to be a move to blunt the criticism by rival political parties. The actor was criticised by leaders of different parties for living with a woman without marrying her. The couple also has a five-year-old son.
Sources close to the family said Pavan could not marry Renu till now due to legal hassles involved as he was already married to Nandini. The differences with Nandini finally led to divorce last year.
The 38-year-old had married Nandini before launching his film career in 1996. Nandini had filed a case of bigamy against Pavan, alleging that he had married another woman without divorcing her.
A court in Visakhapatnam, however, dismissed the bigamy case due to lack of evidence. Renu had also told the court that they were not married.
Pavan later initiated divorce proceedings and struck an out-of-court settlement with Nandini in August last year by reportedly paying her Rs.50 million.
- Renu Desai ties the knot with Pawan Kalyan - Jan 29, 2009
- Chiranjeevi's fans in Telangana vow to protect his interests - Sep 21, 2010
- Chiranjeevi's party to merge with Congress - Feb 06, 2011
- Chiru, a superstar whose political party proved a flop (Profile) - Feb 06, 2011
- Court issues notices to Chiranjeevi in bigamy case - Mar 10, 2008
- Chiranjeevi's son-in-law booked for dowry harassment - Mar 15, 2011
- Film of Chiranjeevi's son disrupted in Telangana - Dec 16, 2009
- Chiranjeevi's PRP joins Congress (Lead) - Feb 06, 2011
- Star wars hit Andhra political turf - Mar 14, 2009
- Chiranjeevi's son ties knot with Upasana - Jun 14, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi assures Chiranjeevi of suitable post - Nov 16, 2011
- Chiranjeevi can become minister only next year: Congress - Jul 01, 2011
- Dowry case: Chiranjeevi's son-in-law's bail plea rejected - Mar 24, 2011
- War of words between Chiranjeevi and Mohan Babu - Oct 14, 2009
- Chiranjeevi's PRP merges with Congress (Roundup) - Feb 06, 2011
Tags: 50 million, actor turned politician, bigamy, chiranjeevi, court settlement, divorce proceedings, film career, film personalities, hindu customs, jan 28, jubilee hills, legal hassles, neighbourhood, party leader, pavan kalyan, political parties, renu desai, rs 50, upmarket, visakhapatnam