Television workers to resume work from ThursdayNovember 19th, 2008 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 19 (IANS) The television workers and technicians, who had called for a complete boycott of shooting earlier this month, will resume their work Thursday.An agreement between the television producer and the worker’s body Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE) has been signed keeping interests of both the parties, said Dinesh Chaturvedi, FWICE general secretary, here Wednesday.
“The deadlock has to be ended as it is affecting all, so we have signed an agreement that will protect the interest of both the parties,” Chaturvedi told IANS.
“Due to the present economic meltdown, everyone is facing financial crisis and producers are also not exempted from it. So keeping that in mind, we have also compromised on some conditions and they also took some steps which has ended the crisis,” said Chaturvedi.
He said 80 percent of their demands were met and workers will resume work from Thursday.
- Television workers get 40 percent hike, to resume work Thursday (Lead) - Nov 19, 2008
- TV soap bubble bursts again, no fresh shooting - Nov 21, 2008
- 'Kaanch' in lurch, producer-director lock horns - Jun 07, 2012
- Striking Bollywood workers, producers to hold talks Friday - Oct 03, 2008
- Workers end strike, shooting for TV serials resumes - Nov 24, 2008
- TV industry in doldrums, thanks to cine workers-producers spat - Nov 10, 2008
- Television industry impasse to continue as workers' body scraps agreement (Lead) - Nov 22, 2008
- Friday talks may resolve crisis of TV serials - Nov 17, 2008
- Cine workers' wage hikes worry small, medium producers - Oct 24, 2008
- Maruti-Suzuki strike ends, workers to join Monday - Oct 01, 2011
- Pakistan airline employees end strike - Feb 12, 2011
- Bollywood workers call off strike - Oct 03, 2008
- TV producers shed confrontationist approach - Nov 11, 2008
- Congress-DMK meeting on seat sharing cancelled - Mar 03, 2011
- RGV Clears Esha Deol's Long Pending Dues - Sep 02, 2010