Telecom links snapped in high-security Srinagar neighbourhoodMarch 30th, 2012 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, March 30 (IANS) Landline and broadband connectivity to more than 1,200 Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) subscribers in the high security Gupkar Road area of Srinagar was snapped Friday following unauthorized digging by a local Roads and Buildings (R&B;) contractor.
Those who faced the landline and broadband blackout included the official residences of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, his father and union Minister Farooq Abdullah, the headquarters of the Intelligence Bureau (IB), the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) and the residence of the Inspector General of Police (Kashmir).
“The road digging by using a JCB earth mover has interrupted the telecom services to 1,200 BSNL subscribers and this digging has taken place without informing us. This has put the BSNL to great loss which is being worked out. The company has started the necessary restoration work and are working 24×7. The damaged cable will take at least three more days to be fully restored,” sources in the BSNL told IANS.
- BSNL employee arrested for giving guerrillas SIM cards - Dec 22, 2011
- Tata Teleservices loses 4.4 mn subscribers in November - Jan 09, 2012
- BSNL offers free installation to new broadband customers - Mar 29, 2010
- Village where BSNL phones do not ring - Sep 07, 2011
- BSNL to expand 3G services to 120 more cities by December - Nov 04, 2010
- BSNL 3G services to be in 760 cities by December (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Nov 04, 2010
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
- Over 20,300 cases of SIM cloning reported so far: Deora - Aug 22, 2012
- BSNL's disconnection threat illegal and coercive: Private operators - Sep 13, 2011
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 919.17 million in March - May 03, 2012
- Telecom links in all Indian villages by 2014: BSNL - Mar 25, 2012
- BSNL cables cut in Tripura, services disrupted - Dec 10, 2009
- BSNL's market share dips to 15.75 percent - Apr 15, 2010
- Omar orders suspension of power to VVIP homes in Srinagar - Jan 07, 2012
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 893.84 mn - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: bharat sanchar, blackout, broadband, bsnl, connectivity, earth mover, farooq abdullah, high security, inspector general, intelligence bureau, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir chief minister, landline, neighbourhood, restoration work, subscribers, telecom services, union minister