Teenager raped by relative in DelhiApril 29th, 2008 - 10:04 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 29 (IANS) A 24-year-old man was arrested Tuesday for allegedly raping his teenaged relative at her home, taking the number of such incidents in the capital to 15 this month. Police swung into action after the victim’s family and relatives staged a protest at Swaroop Nagar police station for nearly one hour.
Police said the victim’s family alleged that their distant relative Udham Singh raped their 14-year-old daughter at their Swaroop Nagar home Friday, while they were away.
Singh, a resident of Ghaziabad, was presently staying with his sister in the same area.
The victim’s family and relatives, who approached the police with their complaint in the morning, staged a protest at the police station after allegedly being refused registration of their case.
“No one at the police station listened to us,” said a relative of the victim.
However, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer Delhi) Sagar Preet Hooda denied the allegations.
“The girl was taken to a hospital for medical examination. We have registered a case and the accused has been arrested,” Hooda told IANS.
- Two school officials dismissed for negligence in rape case - Sep 26, 2011
- Two men killed by sons in Ghaziabad - Jun 23, 2011
- Delhi Police constable found dead inside water tank - May 03, 2012
- Four arrested in connection with suicide of 17-year-old girl - Sep 14, 2012
- Court orders police action on lawyer's assault (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- Minor raped and killed in Ghaziabad - Jan 15, 2012
- Delhi teacher held for raping ex-student, making MMS - Dec 26, 2011
- Two more rape cases reported in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 25, 2011
- Railway constable held for rape - Sep 06, 2012
- Girl gangraped in Patna boys' hostel - Sep 12, 2012
- Two held for Ghaziabad gangrape - Mar 15, 2012
- Siblings sexual abuse: Local police officials suspended - Oct 05, 2010
- Ghaziabad residents protest police apathy in rape case - Apr 19, 2012
- Court summons six cops over shootout - Aug 27, 2011