Teenager kills friend over suspected affairMarch 17th, 2008 - 3:13 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 17 (IANS) A teenage girl here allegedly killed her close friend by poisoning her and then tried to commit suicide, the police said Monday. The 17-year-old was angry with her friend Ignis Joseph because the latter shared a close relationship with her boyfriend, the police said. She apparently suspected that they were having an affair.
“The accused took Ignis to the church Sunday night and gave her a drink laced with poison, after which she also consumed the drink,” Gyaneshwar Phadtare, deputy commissioner of police, told IANS.
After returning home, Ignis complained of stomach pain and started vomiting. She was rushed to hospital, where she was declared dead. The girl who allegedly gave Ignis the poison was admitted to the same hospital, and is reported to be in critical condition.
- Teen molested by co-workers after being drugged - Jun 12, 2011
- 22-year-old maid raped by employer, two others - Jun 22, 2011
- Delhi woman poisoned by husband for giving birth to girl - Apr 20, 2012
- Mormon church leader accused of attacking another person - Aug 10, 2012
- Delhi woman poisoned for giving birth to girl dies - Apr 21, 2012
- Five of a family die after drinking tea - Jan 24, 2011
- Boyfriend arrested for college student's rape (Lead) - Apr 18, 2011
- Minor burnt to death for resisting rape - Sep 21, 2011
- Youth who made girl drink poison surrenders (Lead) - Sep 27, 2011
- Chinese boy stands trial for setting girl on fire - Apr 23, 2012
- Woman nabbed for killing mother-in-law - Mar 17, 2012
- Police hunt for man handing out poisoned drinks at Berlin Christmas markets - Dec 10, 2011
- British teen plunges to death - Apr 11, 2012
- Sisters' suicides being probed by rights panel - May 29, 2010
- Girl gangraped in Hyderabad - Apr 18, 2011