Teenager kills, burns parents in HaryanaMay 14th, 2012 - 12:13 am ICT by IANS
Sonipat (Haryana), May 13 (IANS) A teenaged boy in Haryana’s Sonipat district Sunday killed his parents while they were asleep at home and burnt their bodies, police said.
After murdering his parents with a sharp-edged weapon, the boy sprinkled kerosene on the bodies and set them on fire. He then fled from the spot.
The victims have been identified as Rampal, 45, and his wife Guddi. Rampal ran an agriculture business in Ulhera village in Sonipat district, some 40 km from Delhi.
Police were informed about the incident by the village headman.
“We are investigating the incident. The victims were sleeping when they were killed,” said Deputy Superintendent of Police Balbir Singh.
Police have registered a case of murder against the accused and are conducting raids at various places to nab him.
“He had become addicted to liquor. He is absconding but we will arrest him soon,” the officer said.
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Eight killed in Haryana accident - Aug 26, 2012
- Two brothers hacked to death by sibling - Jan 28, 2011
- Village tense after killing of widows, accused unrepentant - Apr 19, 2011
- Maoists kill village headman - Sep 14, 2011
- Six of family killed in UP - May 28, 2012
- SHOs now responsible for witness' security in Haryana - May 20, 2012
- Haryana ex-legislator surrenders after 3-week stand-off - May 27, 2011
- Alcoholic man commits suicide after killing wife, kids - Feb 26, 2010
- Village head killed near Gurgaon, one attacker lynched - Jun 23, 2011
- Rapist nephew arrested for beating to death aunt, another widow (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Engineering student killed for having affair - Nov 24, 2011
- Woman, three grand children slaughtered in Rajasthan - Apr 16, 2012
- Two widows beaten to death in Haryana village - Apr 19, 2011
- Murder convict arrested 10 years after jumping parole - Dec 20, 2011