Teenager held for threatening to blow up Noida call centreOctober 2nd, 2008 - 11:24 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Oct 2 (IANS) A teenager was arrested for threatening to blow up a telecom major’s customer care centre in this Delhi suburb, a police official said Thursday.Ashok Tripathi, superintendent of police, said that 19-year-old Brahma Prakash alias Tinku called up the Vodafone customer care centre and threatened to blow it up Sep 29.
He called up twice - once at 8.30 p.m. and the second time at 9.15 p.m. Prakash made the calls from his father Vijendra Singh’s mobile phone, said Tripathi.
Brahm Prakash hailed from Uttar Pradesh’s Ferozabad town and worked with his brother-in-law at Delhi in his material building supplying business. He went to his hometown after making the calls.
- Denied vehicle licence, man takes four hostages in London (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Man held for taking hostages in London (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Vodafone launches ad campaign on mobile number portability - Jan 10, 2011
- Record ridership in Delhi Metro on Raskha Bandhan - Aug 13, 2011
- Bomb threat at Delhi metro station - Jul 04, 2010
- Putin says Chechens not behind deadly Moscow airport bombing - Jan 27, 2011
- Extra metro trips on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 10, 2011
- Three injured as call centre cab catches fire - Jan 11, 2012
- Bomb scare at Rajiv Chowk metro station - Jan 27, 2011
- Bomb scare at Delhi Metro station - Apr 14, 2011
- Perth bushfire engulfs 20 homes, over 100 residents evacuated - Feb 06, 2011
- Indian-American elected to Royal Society of Canada - Sep 10, 2012
- Kokrajhar tense: Curfew, call for indefinite bandh - Aug 24, 2012
- Vodafone mobile records leaked - Jan 09, 2011
- BPO employee robbed in Noida - Oct 09, 2010