Teenager held for gunning down woman in DelhiAugust 11th, 2008 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 11 (IANS) A Class 12 student opposed to his brother’s relationship with a girl has been arrested for gunning down the girl’s mother in the Indian capital, the police said Monday. The 17-year-old was arrested from Kundli area Sunday for killing Rita Dube, who was in her late 30s, last week following a heated argument at her house in Narela, a police offical said.
Rita, her husband Brijesh, their three daughters and two sons had moved to New Delhi some time back from Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh. The Dubes were known to the family of the accused.
“Rita’s elder daughter was in love with the accused’s elder brother Atul. They wanted to marry. Rita and her husband had no objections. But Atul’s mother and brother were strictly opposed to it,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer Delhi) Sagar Preet Hooda.
“Last week the accused and Rita had an argument over the issue. The accused pulled out a country-made gun and fired at Rita from point blank range. She died on the spot,” he added.
Police said they have recovered the murder weapon from the accused.
- Class 12 student shoots woman in Delhi - Aug 06, 2008
- IAF employee killed in bid to help neighbour - Sep 09, 2012
- Man held for raping minor daughter - Mar 24, 2011
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Man held for killing 3-year-old niece - Mar 26, 2011
- Minor raped by neighbour in Delhi - Jul 16, 2012
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton - Mar 11, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's mother-in-law told to surrender - Jun 20, 2012
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Man held for killing daughter, lover in Rajasthan - Apr 13, 2012
- Bail plea of man held for wife's death rejected - Apr 11, 2011
- Two arrested in Delhi for killing elderly woman - Aug 16, 2012
- Drunken son kills mother - Feb 05, 2011
- Man kills daughter's lover for family honour in Bijnor - Feb 19, 2011
- Haryana murder accused held in Delhi - Oct 05, 2011