Teenager from Assam alleges torture in Goa remand homeJanuary 10th, 2009 - 3:42 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Jan 10 (IANS) A teenager from Assam, who was caught in mysterious circumstances near a prohibited defence area in Goa and later sent to a state run remand home, has alleged torture by inmates at the facility.The 17-year-old boy from Dhuburi district in Assam surrendered Friday night, after fleeing the delinquents’ remand home, the police said.
He was earlier picked up by the police on Christmas Eve as a terror suspect after he was found close to a prohibited defence area near the port town of Vasco.
Following a week of interrogation, the court sent him to the state run remand home called Apna Ghar.
According to the police, the boy escaped from Apna Ghar Jan 6 by breaking window grills of the facility, alleging that he was being tortured there.
He has requested the police not to send him to Apna Ghar again or his home in Assam and has asked for any kind of employment in Goa.
“We have handed him over to the Old Goa police station where the FIR of his escape from Apna Ghar was registered,” police inspector Sagar Ekoskar told IANS.
- Crime nexus forces Goa children's home to ban mobile phones - Apr 06, 2012
- Shelter home exploitation: cop held for destroying evidence - Jul 06, 2012
- Warden booked for sodomising mentally disabled in Haryana - Jul 02, 2012
- Scandals to protests, Hooda gets busy this summer (Haryana Newsletter) - Jul 06, 2012
- Probe into abuse by Haryana cops in women's shelter (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Ohio boy charged for killing his mother - Jan 04, 2011
- Nearly 120 rescued after raid on Haryana protection home - May 10, 2012
- Children's home official held for burglary racket - Apr 02, 2012
- Pinki denied bail, remanded to further judicial custody - Jun 29, 2012
- Man escapes from police custody in Darjeeling - Jun 01, 2012
- Kanda sent to 7 days police custody (Third Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Goa Police tried to kill me: Israeli drug dealer - Aug 26, 2011
- NGO worker, son-in-law arrested for assaulting protection home inmates (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- A long, endless wait at Ranchi women's remand home - May 24, 2011
- Athlete Pinki's blood sample taken for chromosomal test - Jul 02, 2012