Teenager found stabbed to death; Nepali servant suspectMay 16th, 2008 - 8:21 pm ICT by admin
Noida, May 16 (IANS) A 15-year-old girl was found dead with multiple stab injuries on her face, chest and neck when her father opened her bedroom door at their home here Friday morning, police said. Police suspect a newly-employed domestic help who is absconding ever since the incident.
Ayushi, the only daughter of a dentist couple, had eaten dinner with her family Thursday night and then retired to her separate room in the three-bedroom apartment in Jalvayu Vihar at Noida’s Sector-25, which comes under the Sector-20 police station.
At 6 a.m. Friday, her father Rajesh Talwar woke up to open the door for a part-time domestic help and peeped into Ayushi’s room. To his horror, he found his daughter lying dead in a pool of blood. Her throat was slit and there were stab wounds on her forehead, shoulder and chest, said Superintendent of Police (city) Mahesh Mishra.
She was rushed to hospital where doctors declared her dead.
Ayushi was a Class 9 student of Delhi Public School, Noida.
Mishra said that Talwar had recently employed a new domestic help, Hemraj, as his regular help had gone on leave. Nepali origin Hemraj, 45, had been working with the family for about seven months, but he was found missing Friday morning.
Police have rushed a team to Nepal and announced a Rs.20,000 reward for his arrest, Mishra said. He added that six people, including Hemraj’s two sons-in-law, have been detained for questioned.
The motive behind the murder is unclear as no articles were found missing from the house. Mishra, however, said that “sudden provocation” might have been the cause.
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printing - Jun 29, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Teenaged girl found stabbed to death in Noida (Lead) - May 17, 2008
- Aarushi murder scene was dressed up, says CBI closure report - Jan 01, 2011
- Talwars charged with Aarushi, Hemraj murders (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Hemraj's wife moves court saying Talwars killed him - Mar 26, 2011
- Three years on, Aarushi murder remains a whodunit - May 15, 2011
- Aarushi's parents ask for extra documents filed by CBI - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: ayushi, bedroom apartment, delhi public school, delhi public school noida, dentist, domestic help, forehead, friday morning, mahesh, morning police, motive, old girl, police station, pool of blood, provocation, servant, seven months, slit, stab wounds, thursday night