Teenager dies after being hit with cricket batAugust 1st, 2008 - 10:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, August 1 (IANS) A 16-year-old teenager was killed after he was allegedly hit with a cricket bat following a spat in Delhi. The police Friday said they have arrested the 19-year-old attacker. “On Thursday, the victim Sarvesh Mishra went to a nearby park with his elder brother Golu to play cricket. Later, another boy from the same locality, Khalid, came to the park and tried to snatch their bat and ball,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (outer) Sagar Preet Hooda.
“Both Golu and Khalid started fighting. When Sarvesh tried to intervene, Khalid hit him with the bat,” the police official added.
Due to the impact Sarvesh fell on the ground. He was taken to Maharishi Valmiki Hospital nearby, where he was pronounced dead, the police said.
“The accused Khalid, who works as a labourer, was arrested today (Friday) evening,” said Hooda.
The victim was a resident of Metro Vihar of Narela. His father, Ram Prasad, is a general store owner.
- Guard shoots men trying to steal gun - Jan 19, 2012
- Delhi Police constable found dead inside water tank - May 03, 2012
- Firing in Delhi market, one killed (Lead) - Dec 19, 2009
- Two minors raped in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- Punished by teacher, 11-year-old girl goes into coma - Apr 16, 2009
- Teacher shot dead in capital - Apr 18, 2012
- Man robbed of Rs.5 lakh - Jan 22, 2011
- Couple arrested for killing film producer in Delhi - Jun 20, 2012
- 25-year-old man shot dead in Vasant Vihar - May 09, 2011
- Two arrested in Delhi for killing elderly woman - Aug 16, 2012
- Minor raped by neighbour in Delhi - Jul 16, 2012
- Robbers driving around in red beacon car arrested - Jan 04, 2011
- Woman injured after falling from Metro station platform - Feb 14, 2012
- Youth arrested for gang rape in Delhi - Aug 29, 2012
- Dalit killing case shifted out of Haryana - Dec 08, 2010