Teenager commits suicide after being scolded by parentsMay 23rd, 2009 - 5:24 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 23 (IANS) A 19-year-old college student fatally shot himself in the stomach after being scolded by his parents over studies in Uttar Pradesh’s Gorakhpur district, police said Saturday.
Anirudh Kumar, a bachelor of arts student, shot himself in Patia village late Friday. He died while being taken to hospital, police inspector S.R. Azad told IANS on phone.
Though no suicide note was found in Anirudh’s room, his parents said in their statement to the police that they had scolded him for not being serious about his studies. Soon after, Anirudh locked himself in his room.
At around 1 a.m., they heard gunshots and barged into his room to find him in a pool of blood.
A country made pistol was recovered from Anirudh’s room.
- Student shoots himself after parents' scolding - Mar 28, 2011
- Engineering student shoots self - Jan 22, 2011
- MBA student shoots cousin dead, kills himself - Apr 03, 2011
- Boy commits suicide after mother's scolding - Feb 28, 2011
- Scolded over studies, boy kills father, grandmother - May 14, 2010
- Sri Lankan student found hanging in hostel room - Jan 19, 2012
- PE Teacher Shot By Boy On Account Of Rugby - Nov 06, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh forest officer kills self - Apr 06, 2011
- Depressed student commits suicide in Bhopal - Sep 23, 2011
- Gunman kills 11 at Rio de Janeiro school before killing self - Apr 07, 2011
- Engineering student kills self - Nov 05, 2011
- Bengal schoolboy brings pistol to shoot principal - Apr 17, 2012
- Student kills himself after mother's scolding - Mar 10, 2012
- Boy dies imitating TV suicide scene (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- British teen held over Indian student's killing - Dec 27, 2011