Teenager burnt alive in Bihar villageMay 14th, 2012 - 12:13 am ICT by IANS
Patna May 13 (IANS) A teenager, who was the main witness in his mother’s rape case, was burnt alive in Nawada district Sunday, police said.
Chintu Kumar, 17, was set on fire by the rape accused in Garabigha village under Narhat police station, 150 km from here, a police officer, who did not want to be named, said.
Chintu’s mother was gangraped in 2006 by five men of her village, and he was being threatened to withdraw the case and not appear as a witness in the court, said the officer over the phone.
“Chintu was expected to appear in the court in connection with the case,” the official said.
According to villagers, the accused forcibly entered Chintu’s house in the afternoon and set him on fire.
The accused are absconding, said the officer.
- No arrest in murder of teen who witnessed mother's rape - May 14, 2012
- No arrest so far in teen burning case; mother 'inconsolable' - May 17, 2012
- Girl gangraped in Patna boys' hostel - Sep 12, 2012
- Minor gangraped, one held - Sep 03, 2011
- Rape-murder accused lynched in Bihar - Jan 24, 2010
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- UP suspends four officials after violence - Jun 26, 2012
- Digvijay slams Mayawati government - Jun 20, 2011
- Nine rapes in last two days in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 21, 2011
- Bangla gangrape victim kills self - Feb 23, 2011
- Driver set ablaze after minor's death - Aug 17, 2011
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Bihar Opposition demands CBI probe into gangrape of minor - Aug 03, 2012
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton - Mar 11, 2012
- Driver burnt alive by angry mob in Bihar - Apr 26, 2012