Teenaged hacker jailed in ChinaMay 4th, 2012 - 4:09 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 4 (IANS) A court in China’s Shanghai city has jailed a teenager for two years for hacking two Japanese shopping web sites and stealing over 6,000 pieces of credit card information.
According to prosecutors, Zhao Chenchen, 16, a student majoring in IT, joined an online chat room of hackers and started to learn hacking skills, the Shanghai Daily reported.
In April, the teacher asked Zhao to hack several foreign web sites with him. The duo attacked several Japanese shopping websites selling furniture, computers and construction materials, the court heard.
Zhao stole over 6,000 pieces of credit card information from two of those web sites. According to prosecutors, Zhao’s master later sold the clients’ data and gave 22,000 yuan ($3,500) to Zhao.
The teenager was apprehended after police caught a man who had a large number of fake credit cards with him last September.
The court, however, awarded a lighter sentence to Zhao after he pleaded guilty and his parents returned all the ill-gotten money and paid a fine of 20,000 yuan.
- Chinese swindles over $474,000 with bank passwords - May 21, 2012
- Chinese hackers who built illegal games arrested - May 18, 2011
- Tell us how you did it, Pakistan court to hackers - Apr 12, 2011
- Chinese warned against using web in public places - Mar 01, 2012
- Debt-ridden Chinese held for spending spree - Nov 17, 2011
- Chinese man compensated for auction fraud - Jul 26, 2012
- Chinese retailer fined over $200,000 for duping customers - Dec 23, 2011
- Porn website hacked, 72,000 usernames stolen - Mar 14, 2012
- Nine jailed for hacking in China - Dec 17, 2011
- Five jailed for duping Chinese civil service candidate - Apr 26, 2012
- 60-year-old 'stud' in pregnancy trouble! - Mar 21, 2012
- Three more added to the list of corrupt referees - Dec 22, 2011
- Chinese man jailed for robbing corn on the cob - Jul 18, 2012
- Christmas Scam Warning Issued By Top IT Security Firms - Nov 19, 2010
- Pakistan hackers wage 'cyber war' on Indian sites - Dec 04, 2010
Tags: chat room, chenchen, china beijing, construction materials, credit card information, fake credit cards, furniture, hacker, hackers, last september, money, parents, prosecutors, shanghai city, shopping web sites, shopping websites, teenager, yuan