Teenaged girl’s murder in Rohini solved, friend arrestedSeptember 6th, 2008 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) A day after a 17-year-old girl was found murdered in Rohini area of the capital, the police Saturday said they had solved the case with the arrest of a friend of her.The police received a call at around 8.30 p.m. Friday about the murder of the girl at her residence in Sector 7 Rohini.
“Investigations revealed that the girl was alone at her home as her parents had gone out,” a senior police officer said.
“When the parents returned they found her dead. She was stabbed to death with multiple knife injuries on her throat, stomach and hands,” the police officer added.
The victim was a first-year student in a private college and was pursuing a course in BBA.
“Several suspects were interrogated. Finally we zeroed down on one of the victim’s classmates, Gaurav (18) and it was found that he had killed her,” the police officer said.
Gaurav, who is also a resident of Sector 7 of Rohini, has been arrested.
Further investigations were on.
- V-Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Valentine's Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates - Feb 17, 2012
- Elderly women's murder case solved, five arrested - Jul 26, 2012
- Two elderly women stabbed to death in Delhi (lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Slain Afghan student's body flown back home - Dec 07, 2011
- Youth slits wrists at Delhi police station, arrested (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Woman in rickshaw shot dead in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Retired woman income tax officer killed - Sep 12, 2012
- 13-year-old girl raped, accused held in Delhi - Mar 11, 2011
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012
- Two elderly women stabbed to death by robbers in Delhi - Jul 24, 2012
- Battered wife kills violent husband, arrested - Jun 07, 2009
- Cousin held for siblings' murder (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- One arrested for murdering engineering student - Jul 01, 2011
- Youth killed by friend - Apr 23, 2012