Teenaged girl raped, friend molested in West BengalJune 30th, 2012 - 11:56 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 30 (IANS) A teenaged girl from Jharkhand was gangraped at a railway station in West Bengal’s Birbhum district Saturday, police said. Another girl was molested.
The victim, a resident of Dumka district was sexually assaulted at the Rampurhat railway station. She had taken shelter in the waiting room with another girl.
The girl accompanying the victim had gone out of the waiting room looking for water.
The assaulters dragged the victim to a nearby field and raped her and also molested the accompanying girl when she came to the spot looking for the victim.
A youth, Motin Sheikh, has been arrested for allegedly molesting the second girl. “A manhunt has been launched for the alleged rapists. Both the girls are in our custody and we have informed their families,” district police chief Hrishikesh Meena said.
The two girls had come to adjoining Burdwan district to attend a function and were forced to take shelter in the Rampurhat railway station for the night when they failed to find any means of transport to go home.
- CBI probe sought into Odisha gangrape - Jan 30, 2012
- Investigating agency rules out rape in Pipili case - Mar 10, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Five people held with 425 kg of gelatin - Mar 02, 2011
- AIIMS team examines Odisha gangrape victim - Jan 28, 2012
- Odisha gang rape: Women panel seeks action against doctors - Feb 03, 2012
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute - Feb 29, 2012
- Pipili case: Charge sheet filed against dismissed cop - May 11, 2012
- Odisha gang rape: Doctors protest action - Jun 27, 2012
- Plea in SC seeks Assam government's dismissal (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Train movement hit in Bengal - Mar 30, 2012
- Five arrested for gangraping Gurgaon pub employee (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- Women not safe in Bihar, says NCW team - Aug 17, 2012
- Minister mulls legal action against gangrape remarks - Mar 07, 2012