Teenaged girl found stabbed to death in Noida (Lead)May 17th, 2008 - 1:15 am ICT by admin
Noida, May 16 (IANS) A 15-year-old girl was found dead with her throat slit and multiple stab injuries on her face and chest when her father opened her bedroom door at their home here Friday morning, the police said. The police suspect the family’s a recently-hired domestic help for the stabbings. He is absconding since the incident.
Arushi, the only daughter of a dentist couple, had eaten dinner with her family Thursday night and then retired to her separate room in the three-bedroom apartment in Jalvayu Vihar at Noida’s Sector-25, which comes under the Sector-20 police station.
At 6 a.m. Friday, her father Rajesh Talwar woke up to open the door for a part-time domestic help and peeped into Arushi’s room. To his horror, he found his daughter lying dead in a pool of blood. Her throat was slit and there were stab wounds on her forehead, shoulder and chest, said Superintendent of Police (city) Mahesh Mishra.
She was rushed to hospital where doctors declared her dead.
Arushi was a Class 9 student of the Delhi Public School, Noida.
Mishra said that Talwar had recently employed a new domestic help, Hemraj, as his regular help had gone on leave. Nepali-origin Hemraj, 45, was working with the family for about seven months, but he was found missing Friday morning.
The police have rushed a team to Nepal and announced a Rs.20,000 reward for his arrest, Mishra said. He added that six people, including Hemraj’s two sons-in-law, have been detained for questioned.
The motive behind the murder is unclear as no articles were found missing from the house. Mishra, however, said that “sudden provocation” might have been the cause.
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printing - Jun 29, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Apex court reserves verdict on Talwars' trial transfer plea - Feb 27, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- Reply to Aarushi parents' plea, Supreme Court tells CBI - Feb 21, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: Trial in sessions court from Friday (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012