Teenage girl immolates herself in GhaziabadAugust 29th, 2008 - 10:50 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Aug 29 (IANS) A 14-year-old girl died after she set herself on fire following an altercation with her younger sister in Ghaziabad Friday, the family of the girl said. The incident occurred around 7 a.m. in the Nand Gram area of Ghaziabad.
“I had gone out in the morning. All my daughters were at home. Rehana, one of my daughters - younger to Farzana - said something to her. Unable to bear her bitter words, she set herself on fire. She was a very disciplined and sensible girl and always understood things,” Farzana’s mother Rabia told IANS.
“I never thought that my sister would go to this extreme limit,” Farzana’s younger sister Rehana said.
Farzana was rushed to district MMG Hospital by her neighbours.
“The girl sustained 90 percent burns. Her body was charred beyond recognition,” Chief Medical Superintendent Y.C. Gupta said.
At about 2.30 pm, the girl succumbed to her injuries.
The Sihani Gate police have registered a non-cognizable report against the sister.
- Ghaziabad residents protest police apathy in rape case - Apr 19, 2012
- Man guns down sister for honour in Lahore - Nov 22, 2010
- Bangladeshi girl dumps groom for demanding dowry - Nov 16, 2011
- Minor girl dies of burns, kin allege rape, murder - Jun 25, 2011
- Four journalists arrested for blackmail - Aug 10, 2010
- Yukta Mookhey accuses husband of abusing her - Sep 14, 2012
- MBA student set ablaze by spurned 'lover' - Apr 05, 2012
- Man stabbed to death in scuffle over water - Jun 07, 2010
- Delhi woman hangs herself over harassment, husband arrested - Aug 15, 2012
- Gas leak fire kills three of family - Oct 22, 2011
- Girl gang raped in Ghaziabad - Nov 09, 2011
- Pakistani parents found guilty of killing teenaged daughter - Aug 03, 2012
- Girl who stabbed father gets joint funeral - Oct 09, 2010
- Voila! Pakistani girl is now a boy - Jan 26, 2011
- Bengal girl commits suicide after sexual harassment - Aug 14, 2012