Teen music prodigy composes for top Latino artistsDecember 6th, 2011 - 11:57 am ICT by IANS
Miami, Dec 6 (IANS/EFE) Only 18, composer-producer Jesus Manuel Nieves, a.k.a. Jhay El Superdotado (Jhay the Super-gifted), has already been awarded a 2011 Latin Grammy for his contribution to Tito El Bambino’s album “Invencible”.
The disc, which took top honors for Best Contemporary Tropical Album, contains five songs written and produced by Jhay, including the radio hit “LLama al Sol” (Call the Sun).
Jhay is also currently producing other projects for artists like Ricky Martin, Marc Anthony, Ednita Nazario and Enrique Iglesias.
But despite the success and the long list of luminaries seeking his creative magic, Jhay doesn’t let himself get carried away by fame.
“All this has taught me to be fairly unassuming and always the same, because I may be enjoying success today but tomorrow might be a different story,” he told EFE.
Jhay entered the music industry at age 11 when he joined Hednokers Music Inc. At first he only sang and composed the odd song. But in time his curiosity and eagerness for musical experimentation led him into production, sound engineering and arranging.
“If it’s music, I want to learn it and do it all - it’s what I love and I can’t imagine doing anything different. From the start I’ve given 100 percent to my music,” he said.
- Nazario to release new album - Feb 22, 2012
- Syko to compose song for Enrique Iglesias disc - Jul 07, 2012
- Mexican group's new album a hit - May 27, 2011
- Grammy-winning band to release new album - Feb 28, 2012
- Santos' first solo album tops Billboard Latin chart - Dec 09, 2011
- Julio Iglesias wraps up Spain tour - Aug 14, 2012
- Views of Madrid in Pitbull, Shakira music video - Aug 03, 2012
- I was a bad singer when I started out: Julio Iglesias - Oct 10, 2011
- Julio Iglesias to hold concerts in Argentina - Feb 06, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias says his career is going full blast - Aug 27, 2012
- Wisin, Yandel hope for P.Diddy collaboration on new disc - Aug 17, 2011
- Venezuelan composer doesn't like vulgarity in music - Nov 24, 2011
- Feliciano's new CD dedicated to Elvis Presley - Jan 12, 2012
- Julio Iglesias says his voice improving with age - Nov 08, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias's new album goes double platinum - Feb 09, 2011
Tags: creative magic, different story, eagerness, ednita nazario, efe, enrique iglesias, jhay, latin grammy, latino artists, luminaries, marc anthony, music inc, musical experimentation, nieves, odd song, ricky martin, sound engineering, superdotado, teen music, tito el bambino