Technology institute’s guard guns down burglarDecember 5th, 2010 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Dec 5 (IANS) A security guard of a private educational institute shot a burglar dead in Ghaziabad early Sunday, police said.
The incident took place in the wee hours at the Lord Krishna Institute of Technology situated on National Highway-24 in Pilkhuwa.
Superintendent of Police (Rural) M.M. Baig said that at about 3.30 a.m. about six burglars entered the institute.
Security guard Subhash, who was on duty on the second floor of a building, challenged the burglars and one of them fired at him, he said.
In defence, the guard fired from a rifle, hitting a burglar, Baig said.
Police reached the spot and rushed the injured criminal to hospital where he died. The deceased was identified as Mukesh, a resident of a village in Masuri area, police said.
A country made pistol and two empty cartridges were found lying on the spot of firing.
An attempt to murder case has been registered, police said.
- SP leader's son shot dead in Ghaziabad - Aug 12, 2012
- Police officer injured in gunfight - Jul 04, 2010
- Criminal gunned down by police in Ghaziabad - May 16, 2010
- Engineering student shoots self - Jan 22, 2011
- Jewellery, cash looted in two Ghaziabad towns - Jul 10, 2010
- Ex-jail chief booked for prisoner's murder - Oct 21, 2010
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- Student killed in celebratory fire in Ghaziabad - Sep 12, 2012
- Married woman gangraped by six men in Ghaziabad - Mar 24, 2012
- Curfew relaxed in violence-hit Ghaziabad area - Sep 17, 2012
- Ghaziabad police nab former MLA's killer - Jan 13, 2012
- Two illegal arms factories unearthed - Dec 18, 2010
- Accused in Ghaziabad wedding shooting held - Jan 10, 2012
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Four engineering students booked for friend's death - Nov 23, 2010
Tags: baig, burglar, burglars, deceased, educational institute, guns, institute of technology, lord krishna, murder case, pistol, security guard, subhash, superintendent, technology institute, wee hours