Techie returns from US to commit suicideSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 2:34 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Sep 3 (IANS) A techie based in the United States returned to his home state Andhra Pradesh only to end his life over alleged marital discord, police said Monday.
Immadi Anil Kumar, 30, was found dead in a cab outside the residence of his sister in Kukatpally here Sunday evening.
A native of Guntur district in coastal Andhra, Kumar had landed from San Diego Saturday and checked into a hotel in Kukatpally.
According to police, he hired a cab Sunday to go to his sister’s house in Eenadu Colony in the same area. On reaching the destination, the cab driver was shocked to see Kumar lying dead in the vehicle. He alerted Kumar’s brother-in-law Suresh.
Police suspect the techie consumed poison after boarding the cab. In a suicide note, purported to have been written by Kumar and recovered from his pocket, he stated that he was ending his life as he was unhappy over marital issues. He also wrote that he flew down from the US as he wanted to die on Indian soil.
Kumar had married Swapna, a native of Kodad in Nalgonda district a year ago. She had returned from the US 10 days ago and was staying with her parents.
The case of suspicious death registered by the Kukatpally police, however, took a new twist Monday with Swapna alleging foul play. She said she suspected that her husband was murdered.
A police officer said they were investigating.
This is the second such incident involving a techie. A 27-year-old woman employee of Infosys had allegedly committed suicide by jumping off a multi-level parking lot at the IT major’s campus here July 30.
Only a week before taking the extreme step, Y. Neelima had returned from the US, where she was working on a project. She and her husband, also a software professional, were to leave again for the US Aug 17.
No suicide note was found but police concluded that the techie ended her own life. Her parents initially alleged foul play but later requested the police to end the probe.
- Andhra court asks CBI official to explain calls - Jul 02, 2012
- Shahid Kapoor’s Mom Neelima Azim Separates From Third Husband - Jan 29, 2011
- Magsaysay winner Neelima Mishra granted US visa - Oct 03, 2011
- Suicide or harassment? Woman jumps to death in mall - Apr 28, 2011
- Death of Indian engineer in US being probed - Apr 25, 2012
- 'Betrayed' Andhra cop kills woman colleague (Lead) - May 09, 2011
- CBI probe demanded into Bihar girl's suicide - Sep 06, 2012
- Body of BBA student found in pieces in Delhi - Sep 03, 2012
- Funeral procession of Andhra student taken to assembly - Mar 10, 2010
- Couple stoned to death in Andhra Pradesh - May 27, 2010
- Media baron Ramoji Rao's son dead - Sep 07, 2012
- Delhi Police teams looking for runaway kidnappers of woman - Jul 26, 2011
- Undertrial commits suicide in Uttar Pradesh prison - Sep 20, 2011
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Gurgaon domestic help jumps to death - May 14, 2012
Tags: anil kumar, cab driver, extreme step, foul play, indian soil, kodad, marital discord, marital issues, neelima, new twist, old woman, parking lot, poison, police officer, san diego, software professional, suicide note, sunday evening, suresh, suspicious death