Tech student hangs himself in Uttar PradeshFebruary 23rd, 2011 - 3:14 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida (Uttar Pradesh), Feb 23 (IANS) A first-year B.Tech student of a private engineering college, upset over a family dispute, hanged himself from the ceiling fan of his room in the Kasna area here, police said.Vivek Patel, a student of IILM college in Knowledge Park area, committed suicide in his house Tuesday afternoon, said Rahul Kumar, Circle Officer-I of Greater Noida.
Vivek was from Jalaun district in Uttar Pradesh and was staying with his relatives in the NTPC Colony.
His uncle Avinash Patel is a faculty member in his college and he was in the institute when the incident came to light. His aunt was, however, at home.
Around 12 noon, Vivek’s aunt called him several times but got no response. He was in his room. When she opened his room’s door to find out why he was not responding to the calls, she found him hanging from the ceiling fan.
She called her neighbours and informed Avinash about the incident.
“Vivek was said to be under depression for the last few days over some family property dispute. We have seized his body and sent it for post-mortem examination. Investigations are on,” the circle officer said.
- Student thrashed by colleagues at private college - Sep 10, 2011
- 20-year-old commits suicide in Noida - Oct 16, 2009
- Software engineer commits suicide in Noida - Jan 20, 2010
- MCA student hangs himself after father's scolding - Sep 16, 2011
- Facing opposition to marriage, couple commits suicide - Dec 18, 2011
- IIT Kanpur student commits suicide - Sep 23, 2011
- Man commits suicide over family disputes - Oct 08, 2011
- Girl student commits suicide - Sep 09, 2010
- Doctor robbed of car, cash in Greater Noida - Jan 06, 2012
- Medical student commits suicide - Jul 02, 2011
- Kanpur engineering student ragged, hospitalised - Aug 30, 2010
- Medical student hangs himself in Patna, probe ordered (Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Accountant found hanging in hostel room - Mar 04, 2011
- Student commits suicide in Delhi - Jun 10, 2012
- Engineering student kills self - Nov 05, 2011
Tags: avinash, b tech, ceiling fan, depression, engineering college, faculty member, family dispute, few days, investigations, knowledge park, mortem examination, neighbours, post mortem, private engineering, property dispute, relatives, several times, suicide, tuesday afternoon, vivek patel