Team Anna urges people to join fast from July 25July 22nd, 2012 - 11:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 22 (IANS) Team Anna Sunday appealed to the people to join its agitation against corruption from July 25 when a fast would be launched here.
They have permission to fast at Jantar Mantar till Aug 8, the day the monsoon session of parliament is expected to begin.
“I request all the people to join hand with us against the corrupt government which has refused any investigation into the alleged role of 15 cabinet ministers involved in corruption,” Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal said here at Jantar Mantar.
Team Anna had organised rallies at various places which converged on the Jantar Mantar.
“People started saying that Team Anna has fallen weak but here we are. Our protest still stands strong,” he said.
Around 100 people had gathered at Jantar Mantar shouting anti-corruption slogans.
“The government had framed charges against Kiran Bedi, a team member, however they could not find anything. Even the Delhi Police filed a closure report in all the cases,” he added.
- Thin crowds on second day of Team Anna fast - Jul 26, 2012
- Team Anna begins indefinite fast for a stringent Lokpal (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Team Anna launches fast, targets Pranab, PM (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
- Hazare's fast enters fourth day - Aug 01, 2012
- Bring Lokpal or go, Anna tells UPA (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Lukewarm response to Team Anna fast on Day Four - Jul 28, 2012
- Youths protest at Team Anna fast, claim to be from NSUI (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Prominent citizens appeal to Team Anna to call off fast (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Anna to reach Delhi July 24, team gears up for agitation (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Jan Lokpal is thrust of our movement: Anna (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Team Anna supporters protest outside BJP office - Aug 02, 2012
- Participation low, spirits high at Team Anna fast - Jul 25, 2012
- Hazare begins indefinite fast - Jul 29, 2012
- Team Anna volunteers gear up for fast - Jul 23, 2012
- A protest against Team Anna goes unheeded - Dec 11, 2011
Tags: agitation, arvind kejriwal, cabinet ministers, closure report, corrupt government, corruption, delhi police, jantar mantar, kiran bedi, monsoon session, New Delhi, parliament, protest, rallies, slogans, team member