Team Anna to launch campaign in western Uttar PradeshJune 8th, 2012 - 10:04 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 8 (IANS) Ahead of their proposed indefinite fast in Delhi beginning July 25, Team Anna members would undertake an extensive tour of villages in western Uttar Pradesh to mobilise public opinion.
The ‘gram sanvad yatra’ - village communications tour - will begin from June 18 at Rajghat after paying homage to Mahatma Ghandhi. The plan for the proposed tour was formulated during a meeting of social activists from 12 districts here Friday.
The yatra would be conducted in four phases and will end July 12, a statement from Team Anna said.
In the first phase — from June 18 to 22 — the activists would travel to villages in Saharanpur via Baghpat and Shamli districts. In the second phase — from June 25 to 29 — villages around Meerut, Muzzafarnagar, Bijnor and Roorkee will be covered.
In the third phase — from July 2 to 6 — the activists would visit villages in Noida, Bulandshahr and Aligarh. The fourth and last phase would take place in Ghaziabad, Hapur, JP Nagar and Moradabad from July 8-12.
Team Anna member Manish Sisodia would participate in all the four phases of the yatra. Gopal Rai, Sanjay Singh and other members are also expected to join the yatra, the statement said.
During the campaign, awareness would be raised on the “corruption charges against 15 cabinet ministers”, including the prime minister. Irregularities by leaders of various parties would also be discussed, it said.
All the activists present at the meeting decided that they would themselves bear the expenses incurred during the campaign in their districts.
A team of young street play performers from Delhi University would also travel along with the activists.
- Team Anna to launch campaign in western Uttar Pradesh - Jun 08, 2012
- High voter turnout in sixth phase too (Evening Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Steady, brisk polling in round 6 of UP polls (Second Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- 60 percent turnout in incident-free 6th round of UP poll (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Our fight is for changing system, not power: Team Anna (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Punjab's turn as Team Anna campaigns in poll states - Jan 24, 2012
- Listen to doctors, cops tell Team Anna (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- UP power corporation to open 168 online billing centres - Jun 07, 2012
- Team Anna ends fast, spells out political alternative (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Team Anna begins anti-graft campaign in UP - Feb 08, 2012
- Ramdev, Hazare to fast against corruption (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Brisk start to sixth phase of UP polls - Feb 28, 2012
- Hazare, team end fast; promise people's movement as political alternative (Roundup) - Aug 03, 2012
- Team Anna member denies rift between Kejriwal, Bedi (Lead) - Nov 12, 2011
- On-line power bill payment starts in west Uttar Pradesh - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: bijnor, cabinet ministers, campaign awareness, corruption charges, delhi university, ghaziabad, hapur, irregularities, mahatma, moradabad, paying homage, public opinion, rai, rajghat, saharanpur, sanjay singh, second phase, social activists, western uttar pradesh, yatra