Team Anna has hidden agenda, says NarayanasamyJuly 27th, 2012 - 2:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 27 (IANS) Minister of State in Prime Minister’s Office V. Narayanasamy Friday lashed out at Team Anna, terming the fast at Jantar Mantar in the national capital an attempt to “fool the people”.
He said their intentions have been exposed after they “announced launching a political party”.
“It is good they told very openly today (Friday) that they are forming a political party. There intentions are exposed,” Narayanasamy said.
“We brought the Lokpal bill according to our commitment, it is now with the standing committee (of parliament). We have taken lot of steps. In spite of that, they are agitating because they have an agenda,” he said.
“The people who are sitting at hunger strike, they go and take rest in Maharashtra Sadan. They are fooling the people of this country,” the minister added.
Narayanasamy’s comments came after Anna Hazare, in an interview to a news channel Friday, said: “If people say that Anna should enter politics, then I could think about it.”
He, however, added a quick disclaimer saying: “I will not go into politics but I will give a political alternative to the people. I will not fight in elections. But if anyone fighting against corruption launches a political party, I will support it. I think the people are ready for an honest candidate.”
Friday is the third day of Team Anna’s indefinite fast at Jantar Mantar. Team members Arvind Kejriwal, Gopal Rai and Manish Sisodia are sitting on an indefinite fast against corruption and in support of a stringent Jan Lokpal bill.
Anna Hazare is likely to join the fast Sunday.
- Government trying to break Team Anna, says Hazare (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Not launching political party: Anna Hazare (Interview) - Jul 27, 2012
- Team Anna ends fast, spells out political alternative (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Team Anna to end fast in V.K. Singh's presence - Aug 03, 2012
- Team Anna begins indefinite fast for a stringent Lokpal (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Hazare begins fast, demands passage of Jan Lokpal bill (Evening Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Team Anna calls off fast, to form 'political alternative' (Roundup) - Aug 02, 2012
- Team Anna supporters protest outside BJP office - Aug 02, 2012
- People need political alternative: Anna - Aug 05, 2012
- Government cheated us: Hazare (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Bring Lokpal or go, Anna tells UPA (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Hazare, team end fast; promise people's movement as political alternative (Roundup) - Aug 03, 2012
- Jan Lokpal is thrust of our movement: Anna (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Team Anna will realise responsibilities, compulsions: Soni - Aug 02, 2012
- Team Anna to call off fast Friday, proposes 'political alternative' - Aug 02, 2012
Tags: anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, corruption, elections, gopal rai, honest candidate, hunger, manish, mantar, minister of state, New Delhi, parliament, prime minister, sadan, spite, standing committee, team members, third day