Team Anna gears up for Lokpal stirDecember 25th, 2011 - 5:30 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 25 (IANS) Preparations are on in full swing to spruce up the MMRDA grounds here ahead of activist Anna Hazare’s three-day fast beginning Tuesday for a strong Lokpal bill, officials said.
Volunteers of Hazare’s India Against Corruption (IAC) group are overseeing the arrangements and have finalised the security details and other facilities.
“We have already submitted plans as to how the ground will look for the three days during the Annaji’s fast. The ground will be ready by 9 p.m. Monday,” IAC volunteer Anjali Damania said.
“Fire extinguishers have been put up at all major spots and fire brigade tenders will be stationed at two places at the venue. There will be a VIP and media enclosure too,” she added.
Medical facilities, along three ambulances, too will be on standby.
“Also, 2,000 police personnel will be deployed there for these three days. We will also have security cameras covering the entire ground.
“All movements will be monitored from the surveillance room set up at the venue,” Damania said.
She said close to 77,000 people have already registered for Haare’s ‘jail bharo’ agitation and “more are pouring in”.
“Also, we are going to have skits and patriotic song and dance performances. All interested in performing at the venue can audition at our office in Andheri (in northwest Mumbai) between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday,” Damania added.
The ground has been booked in the name of Public Cause Reasearch Foundation (PCRF) and around Rs.8 lakh has been paid to the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) for using the venue.
Meanwhile, Hazare, who was suffering from cold and cough, is doing better.
“He is doing well on the health front and shall be coming to Mumbai Monday,” a close aide of the activist told reporters in Hazare’s native Ralegan Siddhi village in Ahmednagar district.
- Team Anna moves court against steep ground charges - Dec 22, 2011
- All set for Hazare's fast in Mumbai (Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Team Anna writes to PM ahead of Mumbai fast (Intro Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
- Team Anna writes to PM ahead of Mumbai fast (Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
- Over one lakh netizens pledge to court arrest to back Anna - Dec 26, 2011
- Anna set for fast, politicians hit back (Evening Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Hazare leaves for Ralegan Siddhi - Dec 29, 2011
- Team Anna to move court against ground charges - Dec 21, 2011
- Hazare fit to fast: Doctor - Dec 26, 2011
- Hazare to reach Mumbai by Monday evening - Dec 26, 2011
- Hazare arrives in Mumbai - Dec 26, 2011
- Team Anna calls off 'jail bharo' agitation (Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- After court tick-off, Team Anna gets Mumbai ground for agitation (Roundup) - Dec 23, 2011
- Delhi not an option for agitation: Kiran Bedi - Dec 23, 2011
- Music composer Vishal extends support to Hazare's agitation - Dec 20, 2011
Tags: andheri, anjali, anna hazare, annaji, damania, dance performances, fire brigade, fire extinguishers, full swing, jail bharo, lakh, medical facilities, metropolitan region, mmrda, patriotic song, pcrf, rs 8, security cameras, security details, song and dance