Teachers in Madhya Pradesh sell textbooks as scrap, suspendedJanuary 19th, 2009 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Jan 19 (IANS) Two teachers have been suspended on the charge of selling as waste paper three quintal school textbooks that were meant to be distributed free of cost to students in Madhya Pradesh, the police said Monday. “Village-based primary school teacher Arab Baig and middle school teacher Amar Singh Kumbhkar have been suspended for selling textbooks that belonged to the school,” Shajapur District Collector Rajendra Sharma said Monday.
The textbooks meant for free distribution among students were seized from a scrap dealer’s shop Saturday.
“A total of three quintal textbooks, to be distributed to the students of class one to eight under the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, were seized from scrap-seller Chand Khan’s shop in Akodia village in Shajapur district,” the police said.
A joint team of the police and the education department have initiated a probe.
Fourteen quintals of government guide books, which were meant to be distributed free of cost by the District Institute of Educational Training (DIET), were seized from a vehicle last year in Jabalpur town of the state.
A similar racket was unearthed in Betul town early last year when school books were seized from a scrap storehouse.
- Three quintal textbooks end up as scrap in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 18, 2009
- 18,000 free textbooks seized in Bangladesh - Nov 15, 2011
- Principal booked for selling text-books as scrap - Dec 31, 2010
- Textbooks printed in India cost less: Bangladeshi official - Dec 25, 2010
- Woman held for selling Games' free tickets - Oct 09, 2010
- Betul case: Madhya Pradesh removes SP, suspends DSP - Mar 26, 2012
- Man slapped by police for trying to register FIR - Mar 23, 2012
- Teachers using 'guide books' to face action in Punjab - Sep 14, 2012
- Pakistan's primary schools lacking in sanitary workers: Report - Nov 15, 2011
- Explain delay in giving free school books to poor: Court (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Tripura villages witness rapid development - Apr 19, 2011
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers held for beating student (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Sepahipara village in Tripura benefits from peace - Sep 16, 2010
- Girl student strip searched in Bengal, two teachers held - Aug 04, 2012
- Bodo areas calm, rehabilitation starts - Sep 02, 2012