Teacher’s body found on tracks, principal faces murder chargeOctober 10th, 2008 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
Jamnagar(Gujarat), Oct 10 (IANS) A school principal in a Gujarat village faces charges of abduction and murder after the mutilated body of a teacher was found on the railway tracks, the police said Friday.The body of Dinesh Dahyabhai Koli Patel, a schoolteacher in Beraja village in Jamnagar district, was found on the tracks late Thursday night by an engine driver, who informed the police. The mangled body, recovered near Vanthili village on the Jamnagar-Rajkot highway, 30 km from here, was later identified by the victim’s wife, a police official said.
The victim’s wife, Bharatiben Patel, earlier Thursday night filed a complaint that her husband was abducted by Ravindrasinh Jadeja, the principal of a school in nearby Kandhera village.
In her complaint, she said that Jadeja and his henchmen picked up her husband in a car Wednesday afternoon, but he never returned.
According to the police, Dinesh wasfor long complaining to the education department about Jadeja’s involvement in a scholarship scam.
The post-mortem examination report said that Dinesh was beaten up with iron rods and heavy sticks before he was thrown onto the rail tracks in an unconscious state.
- Nithari killings: Koli convicted for minor girl's murder (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- Nithari killings timeline - Dec 22, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli guilty of seven-year-old's murder (Lead) - May 04, 2010
- Nithari case: Koli guilty of seven-year-old's rape and murder (Second Lead) - May 04, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli gets third death penalty (Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
- Murder accused released after 'victim' found alive - May 17, 2010
- Gujarat Bar Council moved to debar lawyer - Jan 18, 2011
- Nithari killings: Apex court sends Koli to the gallows (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Gujarat MP complains of threats from Delhi firm - Mar 14, 2011
- Congress's Gandhinagar win a dent in Modi's invincibility? (Gujarat Newsletter) - Apr 22, 2011
- Six killed in Gujarat accident - Jul 09, 2011
- Nithari killings: Koli guilty of 7-year-old's rape, murder (Third Lead) - May 04, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli guilty of 7-year-old's rape, murder (Fourth Lead, correcting year in opening paragraph) - May 04, 2010
- Nithari killings: Apex court upholds Koli's death sentence (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Bhanwari Devi case: CBI registers third chargesheet - Apr 21, 2012