Teacher held for killing colleagueApril 18th, 2011 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 18 (IANS) A teacher in a school run by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) has been arrested for killing a colleague over a property deal, police said Monday.
Arvind Azad, 27, drugged Vijay Solanki — both MCD teachers at Chand Nagar in west Delhi — and set him ablaze before dumping the body in Rohtak in Haryana March 31, Additional Commissioner of Police V. Renganathan said.
Police arrested Azad from Moti Nagar here Sunday.
During interrogation, Azad told police that he planned to kill Solanki in February following a dispute over sharing of profit in a property dispute.
“The two had taken a loan of around Rs.12 lakh and invested in a property to earn profit. Their relations soured after Solanki refused to pay the share of the profit to Azad,” said Renganathan.
Azad said that on March 31, he purchased some party drugs and mixed it in juice and offered it to Solanki. “Azad injected the drug when Solanki was about to regain consciousness,” said Renganathan.
- Missing Delhi school teacher found dead - Apr 02, 2011
- Love for woman leads to murder - Sep 19, 2011
- Three Delhi cops suspended for negligence - Apr 25, 2012
- Two held for 30 snatching incidents - Mar 17, 2011
- Two Nigerians held for money exchange agent's murder - Sep 06, 2011
- Property dealer held for constable's murder - Oct 05, 2011
- 70-year-old jumps off flyover - May 08, 2011
- Private firm manager shot dead in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Two held for evading trial - Mar 09, 2011
- Drug trafficker held - Mar 30, 2011
- Gang responsible for several murders busted - Jan 25, 2011
- Cousin, uncle held for siblings' murder - Jan 03, 2012
- French man held for drug trafficking - Mar 19, 2012
- Foreign exchange agent found strangled - Aug 31, 2011
- Three held for planning to rob NRI - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: arvind, azad, colleague, commissioner of police, consciousness, dumping the body, haryana, interrogation, lakh, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, New Delhi, party drugs, property dispute, rohtak, vijay, west delhi