Teacher dies, 40 students injured as bus overturnsMay 5th, 2011 - 12:38 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 5 (IANS) A teacher was killed and at least 40 students injured when their school bus overturned in Uttar Pradesh’s Baghpat district Thursday, police said.
The accident took place along the Delhi-Saharanpur road, some 400 km from here, when the bus carrying the teaching staff and students of the Indraprasth Public School overturned.
“It appears the driver was at fault. According to eyewitnesses, he was overspeeding. Those trapped inside the bus were rescued with the assistance of locals,” police inspector R.S. Chauhan said, adding that the driver was absconding.
“There were around 50 students inside the bus at the time of accident. The injured are from Class 1-8 and the condition of few is said to be serious,” he said.
- 10 students injured as school bus overturns - Aug 24, 2011
- 25 hurt as school bus overturns - Sep 29, 2011
- Ten students injured as van overturns - Mar 22, 2011
- Eight students injured in accident - Feb 19, 2011
- 14 students injured as school bus overturns - Aug 14, 2010
- 15 students injured as truck hits school bus in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 28, 2011
- 18 school kids injured as bus overturns - Sep 12, 2011
- One student killed, 10 hurt as van overturns - Oct 20, 2011
- Eight school kids injured in accident - Mar 28, 2012
- Woman killed, 30 devotees injured in accident - Sep 11, 2010
- Child killed as school bus overturns in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 31, 2010
- Six passengers die in Bengal accident - Aug 20, 2011
- Cyclist killed, 12 kids hurt as school bus overturns - Oct 05, 2010
- Two students killed, 10 missing as bus falls into canal - Feb 28, 2012
- Two killed as truck hits school van - Nov 05, 2011