Teach blind students, court orders brawling Ramjas studentsApril 5th, 2011 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 5 (IANS) Teach blind students for an hour a week for one year - this was the order of the Delhi High Court Tuesday to two Delhi University final year students of Ramjas College in exchange for quashing a police complaint against them for being involved in a group clash two years ago.
Justice Hima Kohli in her order said: “One year service to visually challenged students in Delhi University campus. Teach them for one hour in a week, but you have to do this for full one year.”
The court also said that the two can start teaching the blind students after their final year exams, due in May, are over.
The court passed the direction on the petition of six Ramjas College students who sought quashing of the FIR against them registered at the Maurice Nagar police station under various criminal sections of the Indian Penal Code and under sections of Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act.
On Sep 3, 2009, two groups of students got into a fight at Ramjas College hostel. The FIR was lodged the next day.
“In one group there were four students and the other group had only two members,” said the petition.
The group of four students lodged an FIR against the two, who filed a cross-FIR against them.
The six students then approached the court for quashing the FIR.
However, the court has only quashed the FIR against the two students.
“Quashing of FIR against the four will be heard on May 3,” said the court.
The court also told the two, who were in the first year when the FIR was filed, that before teaching the blind students they “need to study well”.
Justice Kohli said: “The college warden will give the status report regarding these two students, whether they are performing their service or not.”
- Court orders Ramjas School to roll back tuition fee hike - Dec 05, 2011
- Petitioners seeking quashing of FIR fined Rs.1.50 lakh - Sep 27, 2011
- Court slams 'shameless' cop for misbehaving with woman - Mar 19, 2011
- Court orders probe into financial lapses in Ramjas College - Mar 23, 2011
- Court sets aside report against Ramjas College vice-principal (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Court quashes case against two army officers - Jun 13, 2012
- Court notice to school on poor student's plea - Jun 02, 2012
- Court notice to Delhi University on M.A. Music entrance test - Nov 20, 2011
- Court sets aside report against Ramjas College vice-principal - May 22, 2012
- Four more held in Ramjas College admission racket - Dec 27, 2011
- Plea in SC seeks review of quashing of case against Mayawati - Aug 04, 2012
- De-seal flats in Games Village, court tells DDA (Lead) - Nov 03, 2011
- High court quashes FIR against Pomersbach (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Call off strike or face contempt of court, lecturers told - Mar 16, 2011
- Court orders rollback of school fee hike - Jul 20, 2011
Tags: blind students, college students, delhi high court, delhi university, fir, four students, group clash, hima, indian penal code, kohli, New Delhi, petition, police complaint, police station, prevention, property act