TDP to move no-trust motion in Andhra assemblyNovember 30th, 2011 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Nov 30 (IANS) A no-confidence motion against the Congress government and the Telangana issue are likely to dominate the brief winter session of the Andhra Pradesh assembly beginning Thursday.
The five-day session is likely to be a stormy affair as it is being held against the backdrop of Speaker N. Manohar’s decision to reject resignations of 61 legislators, including those who quit on the Telangana issue and also loyalists of the YSR Congress party chief Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
The speaker’s decision to accept only six resignations has come under criticism from opposition parties, who accused him of discrimination.
The speaker rejected resignations of lawmakers on the issue of separate Telangana state. He also rejected resignations of 26 Congress legislators loyal to Jaganmohan Reddy.
Main opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) Wednesday announced that it would move the no-confidence motion on the very first day of the session.
Senior TDP leader Ashok Gajapati Raju told reporters that they urged Speaker Manohar to allow discussion on the no-confidence motion as per procedure.
The main opposition plans to move the no-confidence motion against the government on farmers’ issues. It alleged that the government failed to come to rescue of farmers who are facing serious problems due to drought.
The speaker, who presided over a meeting of the Business Advisory Committee (BAC), rejected the TDP’s demand to conduct the session for at least 15 days.
The Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) has announced it would stall proceedings of the house to demand a resolution for carving out separate Telangana state.
- Andhra assembly adjourned for second day without business - Dec 02, 2011
- Andhra speaker accepts resignations of two TDP members - Nov 13, 2011
- Andhra assembly session kicks off on stormy note - Dec 01, 2011
- 21 Jagan loyalists to vote against Congress government - Dec 03, 2011
- Andhra speaker rejects resignations of 61 lawmakers - Nov 28, 2011
- Andhra governor prorogues legislature - Jun 07, 2011
- Andhra government not reduced to minority, says governor - Oct 31, 2011
- Congress rebels meet Andhra speaker for disqualification - Dec 26, 2011
- Manohar elected new speaker of Andhra assembly - Jun 04, 2011
- By-elections to seven seats relief for Congress in Andhra - Feb 17, 2012
- TDP to move no-trust motion against Andhra government - Jun 02, 2011
- No-trust motion defeated in Andhra assembly - Dec 06, 2011
- Disqualify 16 rebel Andhra legislators: Congress - Dec 12, 2011
- Andhra assembly adjourns, TDP fumes as trust move is ignored - Jun 04, 2011
- TDP to move no trust motion against Andhra government (Lead) - Jun 02, 2011
Tags: advisory committee, andhra pradesh assembly, ashok, business advisory, confidence motion, congress government, congress party, legislators, loyalists, manohar, opposition parties, party chief, raju, resignations, stormy affair, tdp leader, trs, trust motion, winter session, ysr