TDP suspends ex-MP for meeting Jagan (Lead)May 25th, 2012 - 2:39 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 25 (IANS) The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) Friday suspended its former MP M.V. Mysoora Reddy for indiscipline after he met YSR Congress Party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
TDP chief N. Chandrababu Naidu announced the suspension.
Mysoora Reddy, a former home minister, drove to Jagan’s residence and met him for an hour before the latter went to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) office over corruption cases against him.
Mysoora Reddy, who contested against Jagan and lost the 2011 Lok Sabha by-election at Kadapa, has been sulking ever since the TDP did not renominate him for the Rajya Sabha this year.
Mysoora Reddy had quit the Congress and joined the TDP before the 2004 general elections due to differences with Jagan’s father Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy.
Reacting to his suspension, Mysoora Reddy told reporters that he had already quit TDP and hence the suspension held no meaning.
He alleged that the Congress, TDP and CBI had colluded to implicate Jagan in false cases.
“Unable to fight Jagan politically, they have joined hands to implicate him. I have come out to raise my voice against this injustice,” he said.
“I know Jagan since his childhood. He has people’s support and I am ready to help YSR Congress in whatever way I can,” he added.
- TDP suspends MP following meeting with Jagan - May 25, 2012
- YSR's son, widow win by-elections by record margins (Third Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Newly-elected legislators call on Jagan in jail - Jun 16, 2012
- Jagan writes to PM on 'conspiracy' against him - May 23, 2012
- Nominations of main candidates in Kadapa in order - Apr 19, 2011
- Jagan accuses Congress of political vendetta - Aug 10, 2011
- Andhra legislators loyal to Jagan add to Congress woes - May 25, 2012
- A slap on the face of Congress, TDP: Jagan - May 13, 2011
- Congress-YSR Congress face-off in Kadappa Sunday - May 07, 2011
- MP loyal to Jagan quits, another to follow suit - Aug 24, 2011
- YSR's son retains Kadapa with record majority - May 13, 2011
- Congress, TDP welcome apex court rejection of Jagan's petitions - Jul 22, 2011
- YSR's widow, son head towards huge wins (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- YSR's son, widow lead in by-elections - May 13, 2011
- Campaigning ends for Kadapa by-elections - May 06, 2011
Tags: cbi, central bureau of investigation, chandrababu naidu, congress party, corruption cases, general elections, home minister, indiscipline, injustice, jagan, kadapa, Lok Sabha, mp, party leader, rajya sabha, tdp, telugu desam party, ysr