TB patient hangs himself at Kolkata hospitalOctober 20th, 2008 - 2:51 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 20 (IANS) Depressed over learning that he has tuberculosis, a patient committed suicide by hanging himself in a bathroom of a government hospital in central Kolkata, police said Monday.”Arshad Ali Mollah, 44, was found hanging from the ceiling of a bathroom at a ward of Calcutta Medical College and Hospital Sunday night. Preliminary investigations show depression as the cause of death,” city police deputy commissioner (headquarters) Vinet K. Goyal told reporters.
He said no suicide note has been found.
Mollah was admitted to hospital Oct 13 with increasing abdominal swelling and chest congestion. “He was shocked to know that he was suffering from tuberculosis. He went into depression after that,” a source said.
Mollah was a resident of Bashirhat town of West Bengal’s North 24 Parganas district.
“Patients complained to the ward master Sunday night that the bathroom had been locked from inside since evening. When the ward boys broke open the door, they found Mollah hanging from the ceiling,” said a hospital official requesting anonymity.
- Cancer patient commits suicide in Lucknow hospital - Sep 08, 2010
- Kolkata police officer commits suicide - Aug 25, 2012
- Family dispute leads Delhi resident to suicide - Aug 10, 2012
- Sick businessman commits suicide - Jan 24, 2012
- Woman hangs herself to death in Delhi - May 15, 2012
- AIDS patient commits suicide - Jul 31, 2011
- Rejected by dance reality shows, 9-year-old hangs self - Feb 12, 2011
- Man hangs himself in Delhi - May 10, 2012
- Mumbai police clueless over suicide at MLA's room - Sep 18, 2012
- Snake causes panic in Kolkata hospital - Aug 12, 2012
- Suicide notes are not gospel truth: Kanda lawyer - Aug 14, 2012
- Jobless youth kills self - May 16, 2012
- Management aspirant hangs self - Feb 16, 2011
- Youth commits suicide over family dispute - Jan 21, 2011
- Children among 200 ill after school meal - Dec 13, 2010