Taylor’s house on sale for $8.6 millionMay 24th, 2011 - 2:10 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 24 (IANS) Late Hollywood actress Elizabeth Taylor’s California home has been put up for sale for $8.6 million.
Taylor lived in the 1960s ranch-style house in Bel Air for 30 years until her death in March because of congestive heart failure.
“(The house was) where we all gathered, especially at Thanksgiving and Easter… She never entertained the notion of moving,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Taylor’s son Christopher Wilding as saying.
Mossler Properties, which is handling the estate of the “Cleopatra” star, revealed that the fully gated and secured luxurious hilltop residence spread in an area of approximately 1.27 acres and has a private driveway, bricked motor court, swimming pool and stunning landscaping.
The main floor of the house comprises of a large, galley-style country kitchen, powder room, lower master suite, two family bedrooms with garden access, and maid’s quarters.
The second-floor master suite offers treetop views, master bath with a spa tub, adjacent dressing room-cum-salon and two smaller bedrooms.
- Liz Taylor's house on sale - Jun 11, 2011
- Madge to add floor for gym at Manhattan home - Jun 21, 2010
- Free house in US up for grabs for anyone who will move it - Oct 16, 2010
- Pattinson leaves Los Angeles home - Dec 07, 2011
- Madonna to splash $1.7 mn on renovation - Jun 21, 2010
- Leighton Meester buys new $1.5 million mansion - Sep 30, 2011
- Teenager sodomises, kills boy in Punjab - Jul 06, 2011
- Woods to stay in Welsh golf pad fortress during Ryder Cup - Feb 20, 2010
- Taylor Swift to buy $3.5 mn mansion? - Apr 24, 2011
- Elizabeth Taylor's trailer to be auctioned - Nov 18, 2011
- Cary Grant's former Palm Springs retreat being sold for $2.9m - Mar 18, 2011
- The $35K a night hotel room in New York! - Mar 13, 2011
- Te Aroha - for hilly holiday with colonial feel (Feature, With Images) - May 10, 2012
- George Bush and Laura shift to new Dallas home - Feb 21, 2009
- Gisele Bundchen selling Boston home - Oct 14, 2011