TATASky to premiere A-certificate ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ on TV (Lead, Superseding earlier story)February 19th, 2009 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 19 (IANS) For three days this weekend, TATASky will show Oscar nominee “Slumdog Millionaire” to its direct-to-home (DTH) TV subscribers. Though its Hindi adaptation has been classifed U/A, the English version of the blockbuster is for adults only.
Both versions of the film are on offer for a payment of Rs.25, considerably lower than the Rs.75 for other films in its ’showcase’ menu.
The TV premiere of the film will be held in the run up to the Oscar awards ceremony, which is early Monday morning India time.
The DTH service posted a message stating: “Being a TATA subscriber has its own privileges! Be the first to watch worldwide TV premiere of ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ from Feb 20-22 only on showcase at an unbelievable price of Rs.25.
“What’s more, watch the movie and stand a chance to win exclusive merchandise too. Just order once and enjoy ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ and ‘Slumdog Crorepati’ (in Hindi) all through the day.”
Based on Indian diplomat Vikas Swarup’s novel “Q & A”, “Slumdog Millionaire” tells the story of a slum boy who wins a quiz show.
The film was made in English and latter dubbed in Hindi for the Indian audiences. While the English version has an A certificate, for those above 18 years, the Hindi one has been given an U/A certificate, for children below 12 years accompanied by an adult.
A source from the Central Board of Film Certification said that the language in the English version is abusive in some parts, the reason for its adult certification.
But that aspect is toned down in the Hindi version, that’s why it has got an U/A certificate in India, the source added.
- Censor clears 'Titanic 3D' without cuts - Mar 30, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to tax DTH firms, IPL matches - Sep 14, 2011
- 'Dirty Picture' TV premiere stalled, Tusshar upset - Apr 22, 2012
- For TV, Balaji sends revised version of 'The Dirty Picture' - Jul 11, 2012
- Missed the new blockbuster in town? Catch it on DTH - Oct 20, 2009
- 'Dirty Picture' TV premiere stalled despite cuts, Bollywood furious (Second Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- U/A certificate for 'Agent Vinod' - Mar 14, 2012
- 'Titanic' in 3D -- Indian fans excited, experts doubtful - Apr 03, 2012
- Now, Aamir Khan turns barber - Oct 15, 2010
- 'Delhi Belly' toned down in Hindi - Jun 29, 2011
- 'Titanic' in 3D: Indian fans excited, experts doubtful (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Thanks to censor, tough time for filmmakers: Sanjay Suri - Jul 30, 2012
- Court asks Tata Sky, others to pay tax to Gujarat - Jan 03, 2011
- Tata Sky gearing up to meet demand post-digitisation - Feb 15, 2012
- 'Jism 2' for common man who understands erotica: Pooja - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: awards ceremony, blockbuster, crorepati, dth service, dth tv, early monday morning, film certification, hindi version, india time, indian audiences, indian diplomat, oscar awards, oscar nominee, showcase menu, slum, tatasky, tv premiere, tv subscribers, unbelievable price, worldwide tv