Tata Teleservices to launch GSM services by year-endJanuary 5th, 2009 - 6:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) CDMA telecom service provider Tata Teleservices will roll out GSM services by the end of this year on an investment of $2 billion, the company said here Monday. “We have already got spectrum (2G) for most of the circles and will roll out the services by the end of this year hopefully,” company managing director Anil Sardana told reporters.
Tata Teleservice is also planning a pan-India launch of its services.
The Tata Group company trails Reliance Communications (RCom) in CDMA subscribers, boasting of a 31 million wireless user-base at November-end, making it the sixth largest service provider in India, where the bulk of users are on GSM networks.
RCom has launched GSM services in 11,000 towns, which would be extended to 22,000 towns in the next few months.
- Tata Teleservices to invest Rs.500 crore in Gujarat - Jan 18, 2011
- Tata-Docomo plans research and development centre in India - Oct 08, 2009
- Sistema Shyam expects 10 mn user base by December - Mar 25, 2010
- Tata Tele crosses 77 million subscribers mark - Sep 13, 2010
- Tata Teleservices to roll out GSM services soon - Apr 20, 2009
- Tata Teleservices to invest $2 bn for GSM services (Lead) - Apr 20, 2009
- Tata Docomo completes south India rollout - Jul 16, 2009
- Tata Teleservices crosses 80 million subscribers mark - Oct 12, 2010
- RCom launches SMS-based e-mail service - Feb 03, 2010
- Tata Teleservices to invest $2 bn for GSM rollout (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- Tata Teleservices integrates all services under Tata DOCOMO - Oct 19, 2011
- MNP likely to see more takers following SC ruling - Feb 02, 2012
- Tata Indicom launches Blackberry Bold 9650 for CDMA users - Oct 29, 2010
- RCom ties up with Universal Music for 3G music services - Aug 04, 2010
- Tata Teleservices launches GSM service (Lead) - Jun 10, 2009