Tata reviews funding plan of Jaguar, Land Rover take-overAugust 20th, 2008 - 11:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 20 (IANS) Auto major Tata Motors Wednesday said the company has reviewed its fund raising plan for the acquisition of luxury British car brands Jaguar and Land Rover because of the depressed capital market in India. In a filing with the Bombay Stock Exchange, the company said the financing plan of the deal, which was announced May 2 this year, has been reviewed considering the current situation of the capital market and price changes in the stock market since May 2008.
According to the new financing plan, the board has decided to keep the share capital as low as possible.
In May this year the company said Rs.72 billion would be raised through the capital market.
Tata acquired Jaguar and Land Rover from Ford motors for an all-cash deal of $2.3 billion.
- Tata Motors to bring Jaguar, Land Rover to India - Aug 25, 2008
- Jaguar-Land Rover eyes booming China market - Jul 06, 2012
- Tata Communications eyeing British C&W; Worldwide - Mar 01, 2012
- Tata Motors scrip down on concerns over JLR - May 30, 2012
- Tata Motors to expand Land Rover sales in India (Lead) - Aug 25, 2008
- Jaguar Land Rover opens first plant in India - May 27, 2011
- Tata Motors to launch new vehicles in India and China - Aug 03, 2010
- S&P; raises Tata Motors ratings - Jul 09, 2012
- Tata Motors global sales grows 27 percent in December - Jan 16, 2012
- Tata's Jaguar Land Rover, China's Chery in joint venture - Mar 21, 2012
- Tata Motors third quarter net profit up 40.47 percent - Feb 14, 2012
- Worker dies at Jaguar Land Rover factory - Sep 27, 2011
- Tata Motors' May sales up 12 percent - Jun 15, 2012
- After Nano, Tata launches luxury Jaguar, Land Rover (Lead) - Jun 28, 2009
- Tata Motors Q2 consolidated net profit down 15.55 percent - Nov 14, 2011